Winners of the TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2016 are announced
1st June 2016 (Madrid) – The winners of TheStadiumBusiness Awards 2016 were announced last night at Santiago Bernabéu, home to Real Madrid C.F.
Now in their seventh year, TheStadiumBusiness Awards are the only awards to recognise a whole spectrum of achievements from across the global stadium industry.
The awards ceremony took place during TheStadiumBusiness Summit on the pitch of Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid, in front of an audience of senior industry figures.
“Congratulations to everyone who reached the podium,” commented Ian Nuttall, founder of TheStadium Business Awards. “Winners included our industry’s leaders, achievers and standout venues, who should all be very proud of their achievements.”
Hundreds of nominations were whittled down to create the shortlist, judged by an independent panel of industry figures including:
• Thomas Perslund, former CEO, Friends Arena, Sweden (2015 Winner)
• Roger Maslin, former Managing Director, Wembley, UK
• Denise Barrett-Baxendale, CEO, Everton in the Community (Everton FC), UK (2015 Winner);
• Tomasz Kowalski, President, Stadion Energa Gdansk, Poland
• Susan Fink, Operations Director, Sports & Entertainment Eurest Mexico/Compass Group, Mexico
• Chris Overholt, CEO, Canadian Olympic Committee, Canada
• Peter Dallas, Managing Director, Hampden Park, UK.
• Ian Nuttall, Founder of TheStadiumBusiness / Xperiology, UK
INDUSTRY PARTNER AWARD
Category Winner: CAFE - Centre for Access to Football in Europe
“We are delighted to award the 2016 Industry Partner award to CAFE - the Centre for Access to Football in Europe – to recognise all the great work it has done – and continues to do – to promote equal access to all football stadiums and their clubs.”
For the full press release and the list of winners see here