Fare small grants launched - 'Be inspired, be one of the 100,000'
An international movement of hundreds of thousands of people will be involved in using the power of football to tackle discrimination and deliver a powerful message of inclusion this October as part of the Football People action weeks.
Last year over 2,000 activities were organised in more than 60 countries. With over 100,000 people directly involved the Football People weeks are the biggest social campaign of its kind in European sport.
A small grants programme has been launched to help short-term and small-scale interventions during the Football People period.
Get creative and be an inspiration
Support of up to €500 is available for grassroots activities looking to address discrimination and promote social inclusion through football, celebrate diversity, further the empowerment of women and ethnic minorities through football, foster refugee inclusion.
It is possible create change through ideas and innovation. Get involved and inspire those around you.
The Football People small grants benefit over 250 grassroots groups across Europe every year. Organisations can apply for a grant between 01 August and 06 September. Interventions must be held during the two-weeks of the campaign.
The Fare action weeks will run between 06 and 20 October.
In a nutshell:
- Football People weeks: 06 and 20 October 2016.
- Apply for a small grant (up to €500) between 01 August and 06 September 2016.
- The Football People weeks are open to all. You do not have to apply for a grant to participate.
- Be creative or get inspired by last year’s activities: list of activities, FlickR, Fare Youtube channel, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Check our list of suggested activities.
- If you do not require Fare funding register your activities here. We will list, map and help promote them.
- Grant applicants will be informed about their grant during the second half of September.