European Healthy Stadia Conference to take place at Emirates Stadium, London
The initial programme of speaker organisations has been released for the European Healthy Stadia Conference which will be held on 27th April at Emirates Stadium (London), home of Arsenal FC.
This will be the fourth international conference held by Healthy Stadia, and will celebrate 10 years of the European Healthy Stadia movement with over 250 delegates expected on the day.
The conference is now considered the principal symposium and networking space for professionals involved in the cross-cutting fields of sport, health and community development, but will also be of interest to those working in CSR and sport, facilities management and sustainability in sport.
The conference programme will feature a wide range of plenary and breakout sessions led by national and European governing bodies of sport, clubs, foundation trusts, stadium operators, academic researchers and national government.
This is your opportunity to explore the latest developments, trends and examples of best practice and hear from the following organisations:
- Arsenal FC
- Department of Culture, Media & Sport (UK)
- Premiership Rugby
- World Heart Federation
- Portuguese Football Federation
- Lancashire CCC Foundation
- EU Sport Unit
- European Club Association
- Amateur Swimming Association
- Norwegian Football Federation
- Rugby Football League
- Everton in the Community
- European Football Development Network
- European Golf Tour
- Gaelic Athletic Association
- KAA Gent
- English Premier League
The conference will have a specific focus on the growing interaction between academic research, policy and practice in the field of Healthy Stadia, with many presentations underlining the benefits of partnerships established between research institutions, clubs / venues and governing bodies.
Themes for discussion include:
- Physical activity interventions
- Healthier catering options
- Mental health & dementia support
- Tobacco control & alcohol policies
- Obesity & weight-loss interventions
- Active travel & active spectatorship
- Evaluation & research partnerships
- Sports sponsorship & public health
To register as a delegate or to see a full list of speaker organisations and information on past Healthy Stadia conferences please visit the Healthy Stadia conference portal.
For further information on sponsorship and exhibition stands, please click here. For more information about Healthy Stadia and the European Healthy Stadia Conference, contact Healthy Stadia Executive Director Matthew Philpott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 782653 3013.